Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you are dealing with water damage, the experienced team at SERVPRO of Aiken is ready to respond. Since we are locally owned and operated, we are prepared and able to respond quickly. Immediate action and a fast response, lessens damage, limits further damage and reduces restoration costs. Our highly trained crews have the specialized equipment and resources to handle the job, large or small, residential and commercial.
Choose SERVPRO of Aiken, a local company that specializes in water damage restoration. We are Here to Help® and ready to respond. Call us at 803-648-3936. Emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
SERVPRO of Aiken - Serving the Aiken area since 1971.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (803) 648-3936
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.