Choose a Restoration Company You Can Count On
If a storm comes through the area, it can be quite scary to endure. If that storm causes damage to your home or business, it can be even worse. The damage that storms cause has increased in recent years, leading to the necessity to be prepared instead of waiting until you have damage to decide what to do.
Damage to your property is a difficult thing to take care of, so choosing the best restoration company possible makes such a big difference in your peace of mind and the quality of work. Doing your research and choosing a company you can depend on is a huge factor in how your overall restoration experience will be.
Choosing the Right Storm Restoration Company for Your Property
Determine how trustworthy they are. Being certain that you are choosing a company that is trustworthy is so important, especially considering the rise of scams that occur after severe weather. Make sure you are choosing a company that is well-regarded both on a local and a national level to ensure you do not fall victim to these scams.
Determine how they can handle demand surges If there is a serious event regarding severe weather in the area, there will likely be many people in need of restoration. If that is the case, ensuring your restoration company can handle this is so important. With our national SERVPRO® partners, you can be certain we can handle disasters of any size as we can scale up our resources and workforce to meet any demand.
Determine when you will be able to contact them. Storms have a knack for causing damage at the worst possible time. Making sure that your chosen company can be there for you regardless of when the damage occurs is so important. That is why we have set up a 24⁄7 emergency service line, so you can call us at any hour and allow us to begin formulating a response to dispatch to you quickly.
SERVPRO® of Aiken is here to help you 24/7/365 with any storm damage and restoration issue.
What To Do If Your Business Floods
Taking steps beforehand to prevent or reduce flood damages to your business is a wise business move and can go a long way towards alleviating distress and flood-related costs to your enterprise, but sometimes even the best-laid protection plans don’t stop the damage from occurring.
Here are some things to consider if your business floods:
RESPONSE. A rapid response to flood-related damages is going to be crucial in reducing secondary damages and restoration costs. Contacting a professional restoration team and getting them on the scene right away will help you stay open for business or get you back on your feet quickly.
SERVICES. If your property has experienced downed telephone poles or utilities have been affected, contact local authorities right away and let them know what has happened. If it is due to a weather event in the area, they will be recording affected properties and areas to schedule service, so this will help them to plan.
WORKFORCE. Make sure you have connected with your workforce to see if everyone is safe. At this point, you can establish methods of completing work from home if possible so that no time is lost.
INFORMED. Keep a close watch on the weather so that you are as well-informed as possible. If there are new storms coming or if any dam-releases are scheduled, for example, you will be able to plan ahead.
DOCUMENTATION. You should be storing your business-related documentation in the cloud as well as in hard copy form. If floodwaters damage or destroy these items, you always have your cloud copies to pull from.
Contact the experts at SERVPRO of Aiken!
Each 4th of July, thousands of people, often children and teens, are injured while using consumer fireworks which includes sparklers and firecrackers.
Sparklers burn hot enough to cause third degree burns. Sparklers account for roughly one quarter of the emergency room firework injuries.
Fireworks start an average of 18,500 fires per year, including 1,300 structure fires, 300 vehicle fires, and 16,900 outside and other fires. These fires caused an average of three deaths, 40 civilian injuries and an average of $43 million in direct property damage as per the NFPA's Research, Data & Analytics Division.
Be careful and be safe by not using consumer fireworks. If you want to see fireworks, go to a public show put on by experts in your town and keep a close eye on children at events where fireworks are being used.
Let's keep the spark in our patriotism and not on our homes, friends and family members.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July!
Call SERVPRO When Dealing With a Flood
When flooding occurs in buildings it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible in order to combat and prevent the litany of issues that come with a water damage. Flooding brings with it structural degradation, outside contaminants and bacteria, odor, warping, and possibly microbial growth. All of which threaten both your home or business and the people who reside within.
In order to take care of your flood damage in your home make sure you hire professionals who know how to prevent microbial growth and deal with water, toxins and odor. Our technicians here at SERVPRO are specialized in handling the challenges posed by flood damage and know what needs to be done to ensure the highest standards in restoration service.
Going through any kind of damage to your home is a stressful experience that can put any homeowner on the edge. This is why we train our technicians to treat every job they go on, whether it is a big or small damage, with compassion and respect. We find that walking our customers through our process puts them at ease and lets them know they are in competent and responsible hands who will take care of their issue.
When flooding strikes your home, our technicians have the expertise to make it “Like it never even happened.” We are faster to any disaster and are here to help get you back to preloss condition.
We Can Handle Your Aiken Water Loss Damage
Having an accident or flood can be a devastating experience. Even a little water can lead to significant damage if given enough time. It can affect your belongings, furniture, and even the structural stability of your home.
When facing water removal issues in your Aiken or North Augusta area home, it is important to have a trained professional on your side. You want to locate the source of the problem, get excess water out of your home, and have someone available to deal with unsuspected damages.
SERVPRO has 24-hour emergency service, IICRC certified technicians, industrial-grade equipment, and years of experience providing extraction, drying, cleaning, and repair services for customers just like you. We understand how water works, making its way into cracks and crevices, leading to expensive damages.
Our technicians use infrared moisture detectors to locate even the smallest amounts of water, water extractors of all shapes and sizes, along with drying and dehumidification equipment to get water out of your home in a quick, efficient manner that limits any losses you may experience.
We can perform wet carpet removals, content and structural decontamination, humid or flooded basement cleanup services, as well as complete structural drying. We even make sure that the inside of your walls remains entirely moisture-free and perform remediation services when necessary to help you maintain a clean, healthy home.
Attempting to perform your water removal services alone leaves you with hidden pockets of water throughout your home that can cause excessive damages in the future. Without the right tools and experience, everything can get out of hand quite fast, leaving you with a huge mess and significant problems to your home.
We can provide you and your family with the services you deserve. By assigning qualified technicians, we help return everything to normal in a quick, efficient manner, after an emergency occurs.
Get the help you need by calling SERVPRO of Aiken today!
Roof Leaks in Aiken
We have all been told from time to time to “be thankful you have a roof over your head.” When you become a homeowner, you realize how the roof plays a vital role in safeguarding your home from rain, wind, storms, and extreme temperatures. Because of this, you should be paying close attention to your roof and making sure it is in great shape.
Roof leaks happen, it is just what comes with being a homeowner. They are frustrating because of the damage it can cause to your home. It is also very common for roof leaks to go unnoticed for quite some time. Unfortunately, they are noticed when there is already a significant amount of damage done to your home.
As a homeowner, you need to be alerted to avoid these situations. Follow these tips for prevention measures:
- Have regular roof inspections – Have a trained professional inspect your roof. This is essential in spotting early signs of roof damage.
- Pay attention to roof flashings – Without good, secure flashings around chimneys, vents, wall/roof junctions, skylights, water can enter a home and cause damage to your walls, ceilings, insultation and even electrical systems.
- Maintain gutters and downspouts – Gutters and downspouts that are full of leaves and debris will cause water to back up under your roof shingles causing potential leaks and water damage.
- Do not block ventilation – Proper attic ventilation will help prevent structural damage caused by moisture and increase roofing material life.
- Keep trees and bushes away – Leaves and falling limbs can cause moisture problems from algae and rot, damage to roof tiles and clogged gutters.
Emergency Service in Aiken
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Aiken provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. SERVPRO of Aiken is available for all fire, water, and storm damage needs.
Prepare an Emergency Storm Kit
Poor weather, snow, and ice storms can cause severe damage to your home or business. When these types of disasters strike, immediate action is necessary to prevent additional damage to your property. SERVPRO is always here to help and want to give you tips on a basic emergency kit in case the unpredictable happens.
In years filled with the unexpected, one thing that 2021 and 2022 has shown us is to always be prepared. Here are some basic you should have in your Emergency Storm Kit.
Basic emergency supply kit should include these recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Also look at ready.gov for more ideas on emergency kits!
Michigan is known for its constant changes in weather, making our homes and businesses an easy target for storm damage. That is why we here at SERVPRO of Aiken are ready to help 24/7. We will work around the clock to get your property back to preloss condition.
Air Fryer Safety
According to the National Fire Protection Association, deep fryer fires cause an average of five deaths, 60 injuries, and more than $15 million in property damage each year. Deep fryers are great for cooking up some delicious food for gatherings, etc. But frying is more dangerous than any other types of cooking because it involves cooking oil and grease. Not to mention, deep fryers involve larger quantities of hot cooking oil, so it creates a higher risk of injury and loss.
To avoid a fire, please follow these safety tips provided by The National Fire Protection Association:
- Always use cooking equipment tested and approved by a recognized testing facility.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions and code requirements when installing and operating cooking equipment.
- Plug cooking appliances directly into an outlet. Never use an extension cord for a cooking appliance as it can overload the circuit and cause a fire. Watch what you heat!
- The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking. Stay in the kitchen when you are frying food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the deep fryer.
- Do not use too much deep-frying oil. Having too much will result in excessive spillage.
- Stay alert! To prevent cooking fires, you must be alert.
- Keep the deep fryer clean and change cooking oil regularly.
- Keep pets away to prevent them from knocking over the deep fryer or knocking something onto or into the deep fryer.
- Keep anything that can catch fire – potholders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, boxes, food packaging, towels, or curtains – away from your deep fryer.
If you happen to have damage from a fryer fire, we have specialized equipment, specific training, and certifications that allow us to restore your home to pre-fire condition "Like it never even happened."
Fire Prevention in Aiken
The last thing anyone wants to have happen is their home catch on fire. Along with the obvious safety concerns, residential fires can cause extensive property and contents damage, stress for the homeowner and residents, and create a large financial burden. To reduce the risk of all these things, there are quite a few prevention steps that can be taken:
- Periodically check the power cords of all appliances (Refrigerator, Clothes Dryer, Dishwasher, etc.) – Damaged or frayed cords are a prime place for fires to start. Making sure the cords are in correct working order reduces this likelihood.
- Clean and Maintain your Clothes Dryer and Vents – Clogged dryer filters and dryer vents not only trap heat from your machine but provide the perfect ignition source for fires. It is recommended to clean out the dryer filter after every load, and occasionally clean out vent hoses.
- NEVER leave unattended items on the stove or range top – Something as simple as a towel too close to a burner, coupled with an accidental bump of a knob, can lead to a massive fire situation. While cooking, be mindful of the stove and surrounding area.
- Consider electric candles instead of traditional – Candles are a common fire starter within a home. Using electric, battery-operated candles, instead of traditional flame candles eliminates this risk.
- Children in the home? Talk about and teach fire safety – Playing with matches or improperly using appliances can lead to a fire disaster. Make sure your children understand some of the possible causes of accidental fire, and ways to prevent this from happening.
While prevention can go a very long way, sometimes residential fires do still happen. If your home has suffered fire, smoke, or soot damages, SERVPRO of Aiken can help. Our team of highly trained professionals has numerous years of experience in cleanup and restoration and takes great pride in being of service to Aiken, North Augusta, and surrounding areas. If your home needs fire damage remediation services, give us a call at 803-648-3936, We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!